First 2011 Project and Resolutions

I have finished my first project of 2011! We bought this desk back in October and immediately knew that we needed something to go over it. Instead of just buying any random picture to go up there, I thought it would be cool to do a subway art with words and sayings that are about our lives. So I bought a canvas and painted it black with some paint I had laying around. A family friend of mine cut the vinyl and I stuck it on! I love the way it came out. It looks really good over Manny's desk, just in time for him to go back to school. I have one more project that I'm waiting to complete. I'm having the same family friend cut a stencil for me.

Now that things are getting back to normal and I am finally feeling better from my allergies, I feel it's time to put those New Year's resolutions into affect! For 2011, I have decided to read one book each month. I am starting off with Laura Bush's book. I have a few other books in mind for the rest of the year. I'm not into reading for educational purposes. I like entertainment reading. Which is why Tori Spelling's latest book is on my 2011 list. Make fun all you want but, her first 2 books were pretty good! Manny is insisting on adding one book to my list. I feel this is a bit of a problem because we don't have the same taste in reading material. He is really pushing me to read a Dan Brown book. We will see if it makes the list. I am also running a half marathon on my birthday this year, which is only a little over a month and half away! I tried to run one back in college but, had to have a toe procedure suddenly. So I've been training for this one. It's going okay. The holidays were challenging as well as the allergies but, I'm working through it. Manny has decided to work on his "road rage" for 2011. He tends to get annoyed when other drivers don't follow his rules of the road!


0 comments:



Post a Comment