A little scare and Brady's finished nursery

Well the nursery is finally finished. The above picture is what it started out as. As you can see we had a few baby things in there and a bed. I originally wanted the day bed to stay in there but we quickly found out that the room was too small. Now that I am almost 37 weeks, I am so glad for this room to be done. All it needs is our sweet little Brady. We thought he might make his debut early but I guess he changed his mind. I went to work this passed Wednesday and started feeling a lot pressure and cramps in my stomach. Since this is my first baby, I think everything is something. I have no idea what a contraction feels like. So I called the doctor and they made me an appointment to come in. I was 4 cm. dilated and 70% effaced. They hooked me up to a machine to check on contractions and I was having them about every 8 minutes apart. They told me to go home and rest and call if they got to be around 5 minutes apart. So, we went through the night, not sleeping well. I was still having contractions. That next morning, my mom was timing my contractions and they were about 3 minutes apart. I called the on call nurse and she told me to come in. I checked into labor and delivery around 8:00am on Thursday morning. They hooked me up to monitor the baby, my contractions, but also my vitals. They decided that I was not in active labor but something called prodromal labor (aka fake labor). However, they quickly became concerned with my low oxygen level and my high pulse rate. They decided to give me an IV and told me that I would need a CT scan because they were worried that I might have a blood clot. I quickly went quiet. I was scared to death. Not just for me, but also for the baby. They took a ton of blood work, which seemed like hours to get back. I finally had my CT scan that afternoon and it came back negative. With that, I thought I was busting out of that place. I wasn't into staying there one more minute, especially since they made it very clear that there would be no baby coming that day. But as soon as I started thinking about going to my house and sleeping in my bed, they told me that they had to keep me overnight for observation. Yuck, not making this mama happy! But if it meant that it was best for Brady then I would do anything. They sent me to another room and hooked me back up to all the machines. I finally got eat and drink something. And wouldn't you know that my vitals started leveling out. I saw my doctor the next morning and she discharged me. It was a long night! Hopefully the next time we go back we will be leaving with our sweet baby boy. He just wasn't quite ready to come out yet. At least his nursery is finished before he got here. That made me sign a huge sigh of relief! My mom and BethAnn got his last piece of furniture in Tennessee. They quickly came home and painted it and BethAnn delivered it Saturday morning. They helped me decorate it and I love it! It made the room! Enjoy the pics of Brady's nursery! I know I do. I walk in there and just look around all the time!
This picture is when we started the mountain of laundry! This baby has a ton of clothes and blankets and they all needed to be washed.
This is the view you see when you walk into his nursery.
This is so special to me. My grandmother made this. She died when I was only 3 months old, so I don't have memories of her. But I love hearing stories about her and it sounds like she was a special lady. I feel like she and I share a unique bond because I am the only grandchild she ever met and she gave me my first bath. She was a very talented lady. She made this picture for my one of my cousins. BethAnn gave it to me as a shower gift and she couldn't of given me anything better. I went through this whole pregnancy without crying at gifts or anything really until I opened this. I love that you see it when you first walk in! It gives me a big smile! I wish she could be here to meet Brady but I know she's constantly looking down on us and she's here during this special time in not only my life but also my mom's life. It's not everyday you get to meet your first grandbaby!
Here is the crib and the piece of furniture BethAnn and my mom got for me. The picture over the crib is another creation that my grandmother made. That hung in my nursery when I was a baby and I love that it will be in my children's nursery.
There's a close up of the piece of furniture I keep going on and on about!
This is the other side of the nursery with his changing table.
This is the shelf that hangs over the changing table. Brady has so many handmade things in this room. From the pictures made by my grandmother, to the bedding made by my mom, and the owl picture that sits on this shelf that I made. I hope he treasures them one day like I do.


Post a Comment