Looking To Go Off the Registry?

If you are anything like me, when you go shopping for a wedding gift you want to get something that will stick out in the couples mind long after the wedding has past. I mean anyone can get them mixing bowls or a spatula. Getting all that stuff is amazing and much appreciated but, I got a few gifts that were incredibly personal and touching! Let me say that my mom has an amazing group of friends! They are not only amazing to her but, to me also. I kept telling my mom that I needed to go to "wife school" when I got engaged. I was by far the furthest thing from domestic when I got engaged. I didn't think that I would be very good at some of the more traditional wifely duties. I guess my mom relayed this message back to her friends. They are all crafty and come up with some really cool and unique ideas. Here are a few of the things I got.

This gift was from my mom's friend Julie. It's a picnic basket ready for a romantic picnic for two. What a clever idea, huh! I love the bird perched on it and it came with a great book of love poems. It was such a special gift. I keep it out in my kitchen and I hope to get a picnic out of it soon!

The flatware is actually antique! Don't you love special touches like that?!! I do!!!

This is another gift from Julie. This was more of an engagement gift. Julie made this scrapbook out of brown paper bags. There are tons of vintage looking paper, stickers, ribbon, etc. It is so cute!

There are cards that you can pull out and put pictures or write on. I put a picture of my engagement ring on one of them.

I focused on the dresses on this page. I put the swatches from my dress and my bridesmaid's dresses in there. I wrote down about the day I bought my dress too. Then I stuck some pics on the next page.

Some pictures from the wedding of me and my handsome groom! This was the perfect place to put the picture in the bottom corner. I wore a birdcage veil at my wedding and we had pinned it into my hair in multiple places. When it came time for the kiss, Manny went to grab the veil to lift it up! I quickly told him no! It would have been a disaster. Of course it got a good little laugh from everyone at the wedding. I thought it was a cute moment and I'm glad it was caught on camera and that I'm glad that my hair wasn't destroyed!

On this page I wrote down the lyrics to the song we danced to at our reception and put a picture from the reception on the next page.

This is the back of the book. I put a picture of us leaving in car! I just love this book! It's so fun to look at! Thanks Julie!!!! I just love the stuff you made me!!!

This next gift is from my mom's friends Sandra, Debbie, KK, Dana, Lori, and Lisa. Now I don't have a picture of it the way it was presented. It came in this cute round box. It was filled with recipes from each of the ladies, a recipe box, recipe cards, and apron, etc. They also put in advice to me. I took the advice that they gave me and put it on my bulletin board that you see immediately when you enter my house. Here's a few pics of that.

Some of my advice cards.

This was in the box too. It reads: Amy, When you were newly engaged you told your mom you needed to take a class on how to be a wife. Well...here is our "Wife In A Box." Then it lists what children define love as. It was so cute!



0 comments:



Post a Comment