Crafts and a Little Catch Up

First, I am so excited that I have finished my student teaching and am officially a certified teacher! Yay!!!!! I learned so much and I will miss the class! I've had a few crafts and projects in the past few weeks.


This is my new gem that I found!!!! I have been wanting one of these for so long! Every time I have drooled over one at Round Top they were at least $500! No thanks, too rich for my blood! But the apothecary gods answered my prayers! I found this on Craigslist and lets just say I didn't spend $500. It needs some work. I'm not to thrilled with the color but have no idea what color I'd like to paint it or stain it. I am definitely open to suggestions! I also want to change the knobs. My mom and I talked about collecting a bunch of different knobs and putting them on there which I think would be so cute! Manny quickly said that he didn't think that would look good. I'll show him! Haha!


This is a picture of the thank yous I made for all the ladies at school that helped me out during my student teaching. Since I work part time at Paper Source, I had to do something cute. So I got paper bag envelopes and lined them with the tan and turquoise paper. I used pool colored cards and favor boxes and stamped the bird stamp on both with a harbor colored ink pad. Then I heat embossed them to give them a little more of a punch. I made strawberry cake balls and put them inside the favor boxes. I love the way it turned out!



This is the shadow box I made for Manny with all his Navy stuff. This is what he asked for, for his birthday. (His birthday was in January! Gasp, I know!!!! Bad wife!) I bought some navy and white paper from ,where else, Paper Source. I glued the paper to the shadow box and then attached everything with Velcro. I was a bit intimidated with this project but, it turned out to be pretty easy!






0 comments:



Post a Comment