the aggie tickets

This past weekend Manny I went to the Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech game. We had planned to get up Saturday and be over in College Station by noon to meet his mom and brother and his girlfriend for lunch before the game. So I got up early and did a few things before we left. Around 9:30 we hit the road. We were chatting and playing a few road games. It was a really nice drive over to College Station. I knew Manny was really excited to go to this game. He hadn't been to an Aggie game since we went 2 years ago. And as we all know them Aggies are serious super fans about their football, for some reason! ;) I like to give Manny crap about the Aggies. Seeing as my everyone in my family is a longhorn fan. So we are driving in to College Station and we see Kyle Field. At that moment I gasped. Not in awe of Kyle Field. I could care less, but because I FORGOT the tickets. How do you get up in the morning and get ready to go to a football game and forget the tickets. I told Manny what I did and he got a big smile on his face and said "Haha, you're kidding!" Only my wide eyes didn't lie. I was definitely not kidding. I had indeed forgot the tickets. I felt horrible. I knew how much he wanted to go to the game. I offered to drive back to Austin to get them, but Manny told me that I wouldn't make it back in time. I felt so bad I started to cry. I just felt like I had disappointed him because he was REALLY looking forward to going to this game. So we met his family for lunch and I was terrified to see his mother. What you should know is that she bought the tickets for us and those babies weren't exactly cheap. (By the way, I'd like to take this time to ask why on earth football tickets are so expensive? It's insane to me.) We got to the restaurant and told his mom what had happened and she thankfully was more disappointed about us not being able to go. I was so glad that she wasn't upset. I offered to pay her back, but she told me absolutely not. We decided that since we were there and we ourselves weren't out any money that maybe we should try to go see if we could get any tickets. So we parked like 500 miles away from the stadium and began our hike over there. We decided that we wouldn't spend more than what we had gotten the original tickets for. As luck would have it, we found some. So my guilt instantly went away. All I cared about was making my husband happy and I am so glad we found some tickets. We entered the stadium and Manny got the great idea to go sit in our original seats. They were in the alumni section (in the shade). Our new tickets were definitely not as good as the originals. I had our email confirmation on my phone of our original seats ready to make my case to the section guard. No need, we walked on up and sat down. It was so nice. There was a nice breeze and in that shade, I was a happy girl. Not to mention, my Aggie next me was so happy to be in Kyle Field. We sat in front of some really nice people who had a baby girl that was IN LOVE with Manny. She kept throwing her toys so Manny would look at her. That didn't help his baby fever either! Hahaha! I guess all's well that ends well. The Aggies actually won so I'm so glad that Manny got to see that game. Next time we buy tickets to anything I will put them immediately in my wallet! Below is a picture of the tickets where I forgot them on the fridge!


0 comments:



Post a Comment